Klipsch revealed their Gallery G-17 Air AirPlay speaker (or AirPlay Music System as they call it) in full detail. For simplicity sake we’re calling it an AirPlay speaker. The G-17 was demo’d at CES in their line of soundbars we first mentioned in January and then again in May. Now on to the details.
The Gallery G-17 Air features Apple’s AirPlay wireless streaming technology enabling you to stream audio over wi-fi from iTunes and iOS devices. It looks like one of the smaller AirPlay speakers measuring 7″ H x 16 7/8″ W x 3.5″ D in a high gloss black housing sitting on a removable tempered glass base. Remove the base and you can mount the G-17 on a wall, ceiling or under your desk.
Another cool feature is the magnetic speaker grill mount, which enables easy grille removal.
Sound comes out of two 0.75″ (1.9cm) tweeters at 10 watts each and two 2.5″ (6.35cm) woofers at 20 watts each.
In addition to AirPlay you can connect via USB and a 3.5mm aux input.
Playback and volume controls are on the side and through a remote.
Price is $549.99 US. Available Now.
- POWER: 2 x 20W RMS (woofers) 2 x 10W RMS (tweeters)
- CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 3kHz
- DIMENSIONS: Without Base: 6″ H x 16 7/8″ W x 3.5″ D
- With Base: 7″ H x 16.87″ W x 4″ D
- ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass-reflex
- FINISH: High Gloss Black
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 57Hz – 23kHz +/- 3dB / useable bass to 47 Hz (f10)
- HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVER: 0.75″ (1.9 cm) Aluminum diaphragm compression driver mated to 90° x 90° square Tractrix Horn
- INPUTS: Apple AirPlay, 3.5mm Analog In, USB for Digital Input from iPod
- LOW FREQUENCY DRIVER: Two 2.5″ (6.35 cm) long-throw IMG woofers
- MAX ACOUSTIC OUTPUT: 102 dB (typical room)
- MOUNTING: Dual keyhole for wall mounting
- WEIGHT: 7.5 lbs